TAXI CAB LICENSE PROCESS: New or Renewal
- The license fee is $50.00 CASH ONLY – EXACT CHANGE. (will be paid to the City Treasurers Office after you turn in your application and receive an Invoice to present to them)
- Provide a completed Application for Taxi license (Download link or online option below)
- Provide a current National criminal check, Sex offender check and crimes against minors registry check. (From an accredited provider with the National Association of Professional Background Screeners.) City Ordinance Sec. 14-1-32
- Provide a current Virginia Driver History
- Provide two passport type pictures of the following size 2.5 x 3.5 inches
- Call the Harrisonburg Police Department Traffic Officer Offices to schedule an appointment. 540 432-8927
- Bring your current Virginia driver’s license
After an investigation of your application has been approved you shall be required to obtain a City Business license prior to being given your Taxi License. City Ordinance Sec. 14-1-31
No taxicab driver's license issued under the City of Harrisonburg Taxi Ordinance shall be transferable. All such licenses shall be issued bi-annually and shall expire at the end of the month in which issued.
ALL FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
If you already have your DMV record, national background check, and photos in digital form, you can apply through the digital application link below and attach the additional requested documents there:
Certification Statement to be signed for Digital Application: Download [112KB]