The City of Harrisonburg Human Resources Fiscal Year 2022-2026 Strategic Plan was created in order to help improve internal and external customer services experiences, abandon processes or programs that are no longer serving our organization, and most importantly, to meet the expectations of City Administration and the Executive Leadership Team related to the High Performance Organization Framework and Human Resources best practices.
Key areas of focus for our Department for the next five years include the following:
- Employee Experience & Engagement
- Organizational Learning & Development
- Talent Attraction, Retention, & Succession + Total Rewards
- Performance Measurement, Program Innovation, Technological Utilization, and Policy Formulation
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Belonging
These focus areas are written as goal statements, with corresponding objectives and action items, outcomes and outputs, budgetary implications, and reasonable timeframes for completion.