HFD 2020 Annual Report [4MB]
- Join NFPA® and HFD in celebrating the 100th anniversary of Fire Prevention Week™ (FPW). This year’s FPW campaign, “Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape™”. We invite you to celebrate with us at the following free events:
- Fire Safety Rocks on October 7th from 5:00pm-7:00pm at Dream Come True Playground
- Fire Safety and Treats at El Paisano on October 9th from 11:00am-2:00pm
- Bingo Night and Fire Safety at Ruby's Arcade on October 11th at 7:30pm
- Coffee with the Chief at Coffee Hound on October 26th from 7:00am-9:00am
- The Sweet Sounds of Fire Safety at Klines (Downtown Harrisonburg) October 26th from 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Sensory Friendly Trunk or Treat on October 29th from 1:00pm-3:00pm at Fire Station 1
- Save the Date for the month of October for our Second Annual Winter Coat Drive! The coats are donated to Harrisonburg city children. For more information, contact Kim Smith at Kim.Smith@harrisonburgva.gov
- City Council approves HFD Station 5! View the HFD Fire Station 5 Presentation at the City Council Meeting - Harrisonburg Fire Department Chief Matthew Tobia discusses the need for a fifth Fire Station to serve the Park View area of Harrisonburg. This station will help improve response times across the city and lower property insurance rates, along with many other important benefits.
- Read the latest Joyful Dispatch Newsletter!
- The City of Harrisonburg Fire Department is proud to announce that our customer service survey has been updated to an electronic form! Tell us how we're doing.
The mission of the Harrisonburg Fire Department is to enhance the quality of life for the community by protecting their health, safety and welfare through fire suppression, emergency medical services, prevention and public education.
- Integrity – consistency of actions and values; doing what is right
- Professionalism – skill, judgment and behavior that is expected of those that are highly trained
- Safety – ensuring the health and well being of employees and customers alike
- Teamwork – the actions of a group to achieve a common purpose
- Excellence – the state of superior service
To be committed to providing a professional level of emergency service that continually enhances the quality of life, health, safety, and welfare of the community we serve.