What Should I Do If Sewage Begins to Back Up in the House or in the Plumbing Fixtures?

  • Increase
  • Normal
  • Decrease

Current Size: 80%

First, do not run any water into the fixtures and call the Public Utilities Operations Center 540-434-9959 or the emergency response number.

It could be a problem with a city sewer line. You will be told by a city employee if you need to call a plumber. If you call a plumber first and it turns out to be a city problem, you will not be reimbursed for the plumber's fees.