The November General Election Day occurs on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
The November General and Special Election is Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
ELECTION RESULTS: [115KB] November 8, 2022 results
The polls on election day will be open from 6:00am – 7:00pm.
Polling Place: Where do I vote?
Whats on the Ballot:
- U.S. House of Representatives 6th District
- Two Harrisonburg City Council seats
- One Unexpired Harrisonburg City Council seat
- Three Harrisonburg School Board seats
Sample Ballot: [138KB] November 8th Sample Ballot
Curbside Voting is available at all voting precincts on Election Day.
The Voter Registration Deadline for the November General and Special Election: Monday, October 17, 2022.
- At Registrar's Office - 5:00pm *Check operating hours for DMV or other state designated voter registration agencies authorized to receive voter registration applications.
- By mail - Postmarked by October 17, 2022.
- Online Registration via Virginia Department of Elections website - 11:59pm *Applications that are required to be printed and delivered to the registrar should be treated as regular mailed in applications (postmarked by October 17, 2022). The October 17th, 5:00pm deadline would apply if they are submitted in-person at the Registrar's Office.
In Person Absentee Voting Starts (Early Voting): Friday, September 23, 2022
In Person Absentee Voting: September 23rd – November 5th: Monday through Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm and on Saturday, October 29th 8:30am-4:30pm/ November 5th 8:30am-5:00pm (Harrisonburg City Hall Atrium)
The last day to vote in person Absentee (Early Voting): Saturday, November 5, 2022
Requested absentee ballots for the November 8th General and Special Election will start to go out by September 22nd
The last day to request a ballot by mail is Friday, October 28th, 2022 at 5:00pm.
The last day for absentee ballots to be returned by mail for the November General and Special Election: Postmarked by November 8th, 2022
*The Ballot can also be returned in person at the Registrar's office but only by the voter, or to your polling location on Election Day.
**Ballots must be returned to the locality from which they were mailed out.