The City of Harrisonburg wants to keep the community informed!
This Community Connection page details the different ways in which the community can stay informed on changes to city services, be notified of emergency alerts, and platforms where communities can engage with city departments.
- Emergency Alert - The City of Harrisonburg-Rockingham County encourages all residents and businesses within the boundaries of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County to provide contact information so that you may be notified in the event of an emergency or life threatening weather event (tornado, flash flood warning, etc). More info.
- Notify Harrisonburg - Notify Harrisonburg is an email alert system for notifications for changes to city services like trash collection, as well as updates on services, meetings, and events. More information about Notify Harrisonburg.
- Public Hearings - A notice of public hearing will be posted on the city website. It is required under Virginia Law for this information to also be advertised in the local newspaper. This webpage will serve as an additional resource to members in this community.
- Social Media - Stay connected with city departments on social media! Several city departments are on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr, YouTube, and Instagram. Use the Stay Connected page to find a complete list of city departments and which social media sites they are using!
- Streaming Council Media - Another way to stay up to date with the latest decisions being made by City Council is through the Streaming Council Media page which offers a live stream of City Council meetings, as well as the archive of videos and the agenda and minutes files!
- Press Releases - To view the latest public information sent out by the City, use the archives for the City Press Releases, Harrisonburg Police Department News Releases, and the Harrisonburg Fire Department News.
- Media Inquiries – If you are a member of the media and wish to contact the City, please contact the Public Information Office.